In November 2016 TUE MINH STEEL (VAS STEEL GROUP) has awarded ABAX with the order to supply a 4-strand billet caster for their new plant in Binh Duong Province, Vietnam.
The caster has been erected within 2 months and went into commercial operation in November 2017. The Final Acceptance was given after a period of training and at full satisfaction of the customer in February 2018.
In July 2018 TUE MINH STEEL has placed the order to ABAX for the Hot-Charging-System which will connect the caster with the newly installed DANIELI rolling-mill.
The main objective of the Hot-Charging-System is to deliver billets at the highest possible temperature by applying the following measures:
- Reduce spray-cooling to a minimum.
- High casting speeds.
- Heat insulation of roller-tables.
- Increase speed of movements.
Automatic adjustment of secondary cooling based on continuous measurement of billet temperature, as well as high casting speeds are the main preconditions to achieve a minimum billet surface temperature of 850 °C. At the straightener, the billet temperature is maintained above 1100 °C.
Heat-insulation of the roller-tables contributes to reduce radiation losses.
All functions of the Caster and of the Hot-Charging Equipment are controlled by the caster automation system.
Main Machine Data
- Number of strands: 4
- Sections: 130x130mm, 150x150mm
- Billet length: 12 m
- Casting speed: 4.0 m/min for 130x130mm
3.0 m/min for 150x150mm
- Mould: ABAX technology
- Level control: Co60 type
- Oscillation: electromechanical short-lever
- Strand guide: completely internally cooled
- Secondary cooling: dynamic secondary-cooling
- Straightening: double-point
- Cooling bed: hydraulic turn-over type
- Automation: ABAX-Turkey process-control Level-I